
I finished the Crepe Dress! It was done a few weeks ago, but it took me a while to hem it. Here I am modeling it while wearing my new Franco Sarto pumps (I finally found black all-purpose pumps!) and red lipstick (which I never wear but this dress was calling for).
I really like the fabric and the colors, but unfortunately, I don't think this is the most flattering style on me. I'm apparently an "I" shape, and the red sash just draws attention to my lack of waist. It's really too bad, because it's a fun, feminine dress (while the pinstripes keep it from being too girly). And it has pockets!
Inside shot of the dress. The fabric was a cotton/linen blend that was really simple to sew and easy to press as well. I used a combination of French seams and zigzagging to finish the inside of the skirt (whatever was easiest in the situation). And I hand sewed the hem and finished it with red lace seam tape from my now extensive collection. I'm pretty happy with how all the sewing turned out and a bit more confident in my sewing skills too.
Close up of the fabric and the fun red lace seam tape on the inside of the hem.I definitely learned a lot through the sewalong process. Many, many thanks to Gertie for hosting and for sharing so many tips along the way!
This is amazing! Excellent job, I love the lace at the hem! I want to go to there...
ReplyDeleteThis is my blogger identity. I have....three blogs. It's a little nuts. But thank you so much for coming over to Struggle Sews a Straight Seam!
Love this dress Misty, way cute!!
ReplyDelete