Wednesday, March 9, 2011

FO: Blackberry Cardigan

I finished knitting the Blackberry Cardigan last week while still at my parents' home. Unfortunately, it's still drying after I gave it a good soak this weekend, so no modeled photos yet. Here you can see it drying on a towel on the floor in our spare room. I picked up some wooden buttons and I'll sew them on once the sweater has completely dried.

This was my first time knitting with Cascade 220 wool (#2420 heather) and I now understand all the fuss. It's really nice to knit with, very soft and squishy while still in the skein, and even softer after a good soak. I can see myself knitting with it again in the future. I also really like the layers of colors in the heathered yarn.

I bought 7 skeins of yarn and only ended up using about 5.75. So I still have a good 300 yards or so of the yarn left. I'm undecided what to make with it, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

This was a fun project to knit, although I kept messing up on the back in the blackberry patch of stitches, so I had to rip back a few times. I haven't knit too many cabled projects yet, and this one was fun. I might have to knit more cables! I'm working on a plain stockinette stitch project right now, which is great for not having to pay attention, but can get a bit boring. I have seen other knitters who recommend having two projects on the needles at the same time, one easy and one involved, so there's always something to work on that matches your mood. I might have to start doing the same. But the simple stockinette should travel nicely with me on my trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment