Sunday, April 29, 2012

Another Simplicity 2638

I didn't finish it quite as quickly as I thought I might, but I did finish my most recent version of Simplicity 2638 today.  I snapped a few pictures and tossed it in the wash, so hopefully I'll have some modeled shots in the next day or two.






The inside is fully lined with black cotton lawn. The skirts are both attached at the waist, but the lining skirt hangs free otherwise. The waist seam is encased in lavender seam binding. I extended the invisible zipper all the way up to the back neckline and I think I will continue to do that for any further versions of this dress that I make.


I took a 3" hem for the outer skirt and 4" for the lining skirt so that it wouldn't peek out.  This puts the skirt right at my ankles.  I probably could have decreased the hem to 2.5" deep to have it just skim the top of my foot, but at least with this length I know I won't be tripping on the skirt at any point.

I'm still not sure how well I like the fabric, but maybe it will grow on me after wearing the dress once or twice.

1 comment:

  1. Been a few weeks since I got to peek at your blog. You've been busy! Love the biz card holder idea :) And cute dress. You get to enjoy summer fashions while we're still deciding if it's sweater weather or short sleeve weather...every other day! Hope you have a great week ahead of you. I'll give you a call :) Dad's in VA as of tonight (Sun) for the week. Call him if you want...no 3-hour time change thru Sat :) XO, Mom

    ReplyDelete