Sunday, October 9, 2011

Busy busy

We're well into the fall semester here and with so much travel right before the semester started and then the usual interruptions and myriad other details to take care of, I've rather neglected this little blog, along with my sewing and knitting and pretty much every other "fun" thing I'm supposed to find time for. Except reading. I guess I've been reading in my bits of spare time because it requires no moving whatever, especially on a kindle where only a tiny pressure from the thumb will turn the "page".

I know this sounds terribly lazy, but I've been exhausted lately. One thing I did find the time for was to go get a new cell phone. I finally dumped AT&T and their lack of customer service or recognition of brand loyalty or any of the other niceties you might expect from a company you've given hundreds of dollars to (probably a few thousand at this point since I've been with them since 2000). And finally got rid of my Ohio phone number, which was a few states back in the saga of my residences. I've joined the year 2011 with my technology, and am now the proud owner of a Droid Incredible 2 (ok, not the newest smartphone on the market, but it was only $50 at Costco!).

Isn't it snazzy? I'm looking forward to having google at my fingertips no matter where I am, and being able to use the odd moment usually spent waiting for the train or whatever to check my email if I like and have one less thing to do at home or the office.

I know that I will probably drastically underutilize the capabilities of this phone, but whatever. I can figure out how to do the most complex remote login tunneling session later if I want to. It only took me a few hours yesterday to get the basics down and customize everything, so for now, that's good enough for me.

I plan to try to finish that dress today, you know, the one I posted about a month ago or whenever that was. I don't have that much to do, just finish the neck, armscyes, and hem the bottom. Honestly, I haven't even had the energy for that lately. But I've decided today is the day. We'll see. Pictures soon, hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment