Today was my 31st birthday. We spent the weekend with family and drove home this afternoon to enjoy a quiet evening at home. We had thunderstorms all weekend, so this was a quieter 4th of July than I've had in a few years, but it was nice to just get some rest.
I finally finished that baby blanket I've been working on. It's going in the mail tomorrow to welcome the new little bundle. She arrived almost 2 weeks ago, so I'm glad that I'm not too late.

Now that I've finished the blanket, I'm trying to decide what to sew next. I have too many choices! I think I'll make the knee-length a-line version of Simplicity 5914 in gray linen next, since that will be a nice versatile piece.
And I'd like to make another Pendrell blouse and tweak it to fit me a bit better this next time. The shoulders were too wide last time and I didn't get the bottom hem quite right; I'll probably put some small side slits at the waist. I have some red bubble gauze that might work and I'll try the sleeveless version again. I need some simple but dressier shells to wear with skirts to work since my office resembles a sauna in the summer.
Here's how Cal spent most of her time over the weekend:
Ah, the life of a kitty!

I love your birthday fireworks photo, Mist! And your beautiful knitted baby blanket. And that cute little kitty, too. Most of all, I love you, our beautiful 31 year old firecracker. Best 4th of July we ever celebrated - when you arrived :) My comments weren't posting last time I tried. I sure hope this one makes it on to your blog.
ReplyDelete