
This isn't actually a new project. This is my first sewing project from about a year ago, actually. I was annoyed that I couldn't find any knee-length full skirts (they were all very short and/or very tight), and asked myself "how hard can it be to make one?" Turns out the answer is "not very hard at all" if you can cut two circles out of a piece of fabric. So I hand-sewed a circle skirt and put in an elastic waist band (sexy, I know!). I pulled it out of my closet over the weekend, ripped out my terrible hand-stitched hem, and re-hemmed it with my machine.
I really like the color, but unfortunately, I don't have many tops that match so I haven't worn it much over the past year. With such a full skirt, I need a tighter-fitting top (otherwise I look like I'm 5 and playing dress up in my mommy's clothes). And I need more tops in basic colors, especially neutrals. But I did find last night while I was digging through my clothes that this darker peacock blue shirt (from Charlotte Russe) looks nice with the lighter aqua of the skirt (a rayon-linen blend from JoAnn's).
James was making me laugh while taking pictures. I had to remind him to get one with my new shoes:
I found these at Kohl's for $20 over the weekend. I bought 4 pairs of shoes for about $85, and I think I can stop looking for shoes for a while now. I found that I was wearing the same pair of sandals to work every single day and realized I needed a few more that I could wear with my expanding handmade wardrobe and the ridiculous heat and humidity here. I thought these were cute and surprisingly comfy. James wasn't so sure, but I figured if I liked them and they were only $20 I might as well get them. Here's a better pic from the Kohl's website (the SO Dima Wedge, only a few sizes left):
I have a few more recently finished projects to show over the next few days, but I've mainly been knitting up a storm, trying to finish a baby blanket for one of my good college friends who is due any day now. The blanket will probably be late, but hopefully not too late! And now, back to my knitting...
No comments:
Post a Comment