A few months ago, I purchased a groupon for 6 laser hair removal treatments for a small body area. I chose my underarms, because I'm tired of shaving them and you can still always see the hair under the surface of my skin, my epilator still hurts a great deal in that particular location, I've given up on home waxing (just too messy and you have to let the hair grow out sooo long), and hair removal creams have never worked -- they just burn my skin and don't remove the hair. After two treatments, I'm already seeing patches where there is no hair below the surface of the skin anymore. My third treatment was this morning and I'm looking forward to those hairless patches growing.
My legs are the other area where I'd really like to not have to worry about body hair. Another groupon recently popped up for laser hair removal at another salon, but while debating whether to purchase a more expensive package to take care of my legs, I happened to visit Costco and see the BellaLite home hair removal package for sale. After going home to read the reviews and noticing they were 98% positive, I bought it, figuring that it would be easier to do this at home than schedule appointments at a salon across town. AND I can use it on whatever body parts I want (perhaps the bikini line too?) and get more treatments out of it in the end than a groupon would allow. I am also a huge fan of the Costco return policy, which will let me get my money back if I don't see any results within a year. So, to help me document my progress, I took a picture of one leg after shaving in the bath and before my first try with the BellaLite:
Yes, that is my leg immediately after shaving. Those are not freckles, that's all hair that is still visible below the surface of the skin. Hopefully that will now begin to change! If not, you'll definitely hear about it here. Oh, and if you don't really know me and have somehow stumbled on this blog, I am in no way compensated for using or mentioning this product. I have no idea if it will work or not, but I'm hoping it does.Here's someone else who is much cuter covered in hair:
Look at that happy kitty smile! This is how Cal spends her days. What a life! I could use a few days like this myself.
Crud. You mean I could have just gone to Costco instead of chemo?? I loved my hairless underarms and legs (and yes, bikini line) as one of the few benefits from chemo. I miss that benefit already ): So maybe it'll be Costco after all :) XO, Mom
ReplyDelete