Before leaving for Italy, I was able to finish my Simplicity 5914 skirt. I used a 1 3/8 yard beige twill remnant ($4) from Fashion Fabrics Club made from 97% cotton with 3% lycra for a bit of stretch. I cut a 10 graded up to a 12 at the waist. I had to adjust the fit a bit but was quite happy with the end result. I took in 1/4" on each of the seams on the front panel about 4" below the waist. I also had to shorten it by 2.5" in length. Next time I'll make sure to shorten the pattern before the flare begins to keep more of the tulip shape. I'm really happy with how the fit turned out after my modifications, and I'm already planning additional versions (black linen would be really versatile).I'm also wearing my Apple Blossom Blouse (the Paloma blouse from
French Girl Knits) in the photos. I finished this blouse in October but have only worn it a few times because of the cold weather over the winter, and never got any pictures of it until this morning. I haven't yet bought a silk ribbon to wind through the neckline, but plan to do that at some point.
Overall, I'm quite pleased with my outfit today, and the fact that I made most of it myself by hand. :) It was weather and work appropriate for a weirdly warm and humid spring day. And yes, we have beautiful flowers bursting into bloom all over Atlanta, which is fun to look at but wreaking havoc with my sinuses. Thank goodness for allergy medications!
No comments:
Post a Comment