Apparently this will be a column that pops up here when the occasion warrants...Over the weekend, I ran across a blog entry by Roger Ebert (yes, that Roger Ebert, the one who reviews films). Unexpectedly, he was writing about his perspective on the universe and the place of humans within it. I think this blog entry really caught my attention because one of my students, who happens to be a Religious Studies major, had turned in an essay on Friday for an extra credit event and had also been talking about his own perspective on these big topics. Both my student and Roger will never be experts in astrophysics, but they have both obviously thought deeply on these subjects.
Just as I don't agree with all his movie reviews, I also don't agree with everything Roger Ebert writes in his blog post, but it really is a fascinating look into another person's attempt to find his place in this vast universe. I hope it inspires you to think about these big questions, as it did me.
Click here to read it.
No comments:
Post a Comment