Sunday, January 23, 2011

Busy weekend

I feel like I've accomplished quite a bit this weekend. We ran a bunch of errands yesterday and then I spent a good 4-5 hours working while James alternated between watching his shows and napping on the couch. I was going to try to get a bit more work done today, but realized I should give it a break when I thought of something I needed to do and then couldn't remember it 15 seconds later. Time to let my brain rest! Well, at least the work part of it anyway.

We had a nice lunch today with a couple we've met and keep running into. When we got home, I tried to catch up on my crafty projects. I cut out the pieces for my Pendrell blouse, something that was a bit difficult due to the slippery nature of my fabric. Then I sewed the darts on my Crepe dress bodice. This involved carefully pinning the darts down the legs, hand basting just inside the dart legs with white thread to keep the fabric from shifting (and to help me follow the line of the dart better on my black fabric), sewing the darts with the machine, and then tacking the ends of the thread into the body of each dart with a hand sewing needle. You might wonder why I added all the extra steps here, but I found that my darts weren't ending up very even on my muslins. I think I'm happy with how they turned out on the bodice this time, but I'll need to attach the pieces of the bodice and try it on to be sure. And finally, I've got my second sleeve for my Blackberry cardigan soaking right now. I'll block it out tonight and leave it to dry for a day or two. I could work on part of the cardigan assembly, but I'm tired and don't really feel like it right now. I kind of just want to sit and read or watch more Project Runway episodes. Besides, tomorrow marks the beginning of yet another busy week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mist! Hope your week is going well. Sounds like you are coming right along on your projects. Can't wait to see pix of the finished wardrobe additions! We're at a conference in Moses Lake till Sat when I go home with friends and dad travels on to a memorial service for a friend in OR. Busy week for everyone! Love you two lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete