
I managed to weasel my way into a sightseeing cruise that was planned for a small conference going on at the Center at the same time as my visit. Well, by "weasel" I mean I said "yes" when asked if I would like to go too. :P Here I am enjoying myself immensely in the sunshine after a hard day of work.
Behind the boats and buildings in this shot, you can see the steeple of "my" church in the background.
And here's the Little Mermaid from a different vantage point than my earlier photos.
The picturesque Copenhagen Opera House.
I love these classic fishing boats with the wooden cabins!
And this yacht, the Vive La Vie, was just too ostentatious to pass up. That bronze statue to the left is apparently a replica of the David. Both in front of a converted warehouse in the Copenhagen harbor. What a strange mishmash!
You can see the shadow of my friend, Marianne, in this pic. Copenhagen is so colorful, and the architecture is eye candy, especially for us poor Americans.
I think the dreamy background of this pic is kind of fun. Yes, it seems sunny and I'm wearing my trench coat, but the weather was so fickle during my trip that I had to be prepared for rain, wind, lightning, and hail (!) in addition to sunshine, so the trench coat was probably one of my best investments this spring because it proved to be very useful on this trip.
Marianne and I visited Tivoli after work one evening. I didn't remember the video function on my camera until later, otherwise I would have grabbed some videos of the pantomime. I wasn't quite sure what was going on -- either a mail-order wife business, a matchmaker, or a man blatantly selling women to prospective customers. I decided to giggle at the players rather than spend too much time trying to figure out the plot and being offended. The costumes were fun and some of the actors/dancers were really fun to watch because they were so exaggerated in their emotions and movements.
The flowers were blooming and the bright colors of the rides made it a pleasure just to walk around and look at everything.
There was even a bit of wildlife at Tivoli. I didn't even notice that I'd caught a chipmunk in this shot with the peacock until today!
Even the restaurants were photogenic.
We made sure to visit in the evening so we could enjoy the lights. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out the best setting on my camera (it's still fairly new), but managed to get some good shots.
Where else but an amusement park can you go from the Middle East to China by walking a few hundred feet?
I really enjoyed my trip to Copenhagen. I got some useful work done and was able to spend some time catching up with some dear friends and collaborators, while exploring a beautiful city with a fascinating history. I'm already making plans to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment