I needed a quickly-finished knitting project to work on, so I decided to try the popular vintage pattern for a 3-hour sweater. It took me closer to 8 hours than 3, but even that is pretty quick for a knitted sweater. I knit most of it while I was in Copenhagen, but finished it after I got back home. The sleeves are just a little bit too tight, and I'd like if it was just a tiny bit longer, but overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I wore a nude cami underneath it today. It's rather loosely knit, and since I wore it to work, I wanted to make sure I was covered up. I'd like to make another version in white, and I'll probably make it slightly longer with smaller cap sleeves (and I'd make sure they weren't quite so tight around my arms next time).
I used just under two skeins of Cascade Sierra cotton yarn and followed the modifications found here. Rav project page is here.No new sewing projects right now. I've been working on that baby blanket in my spare time. I'm over halfway and hoping to finish it by this weekend if at all possible so I can mail it off to the proud new mama and papa.
It's been hot lately. I've felt like this most days over the past few weeks. If only eating ice cream for dinner was a valid option. Guess I need to get used to summer in the South.
No comments:
Post a Comment