Monday, May 9, 2011

Simplicity 2638 Modeled

I wore my new dress to work today and quite enjoyed it. It was a little warm with some humidity and I stayed nice and cool in my office wearing the light cotton shirting. Here's the back, which still looks okay even after a day of sitting on it:


I wore it with some red kitten heels that I don't wear very often since they're not particularly comfortable. But I didn't have much walking to do, and they're cute with this dress. I also wore my opera-length necklace (I told you you'd be seeing it a lot!)


I'm inspired to make more cute dresses to rotate through my wardrobe for the summer. This one only took two solid blocks of time to make. I started it May 2 and finished it May 7, and most of those days I didn't work on it at all. I could probably whip one of these up in a weekend, especially when it's a nice light cotton that behaves and takes pressing well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh this is very cute! And might I say, rather J. Crew flavored, which I adore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fit - and it does look lovely and cool. Well done!

    ReplyDelete