Monday, May 14, 2012

Cute stuff


We're currently in the process of buying this house (adorable, no?).  Our inspection is scheduled for Tuesday morning, and we're hoping there are no hidden surprises waiting for us.

It will be so great to finally have our own home!  I realized the other day that I have moved 12 times in the last 14 years (moving in to this house will be move #13).   Eek! Because of my apparent nomadic existence, and the fact that I have spent 12 of the last 14 years living in dorms and 1-2 bedroom apartments, with the last 2 years spent "temporarily" living in a rental house, we actually have very little furniture and not many housewares. We didn't even register for china or any of the typical registry items when we got married because we had no idea how long it would be before we were able to have our own place with enough room for more than 4 plates and bowls. So now that it looks like we'll actually be living like adults in a 3300 square foot house (that will be extremely empty after we move in due to our lack of furniture and housewares), I've started browsing around for some nesting ideas.  Here are some items that caught my eye this afternoon:

kate spade new york Market Street in Pink (surprisingly, my husband really likes these too!)


That's it for housewares (ha!).  The following items are all ones that I would like for my sewing room (i.e., the formal dining room).

Garbo Chaise - because who doesn't need a fainting couch in their sewing room??



Apothecary Chest - all those little drawers would be great for storing notions and trims!



Sewing-related artwork for the walls:


As you can see, I didn't get too far past finding things for my sewing room, but there will be plenty of time for the rest later.  Luckily, I don't have a terribly large amount of time for online window-shopping because furnishing a home seems like a good way to go broke quickly.  So we'll try for the one-item-at-a-time method instead.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Great post with a humorous (ie. true) ending. Yes, one can go broke quickly :) Love the dishes and LOVE the artwork for the sewing room...specially the backside of the red gown. Beyootiful! Hope the inspection went well. Love you guys! Mom (& Dad too) :)

    ReplyDelete