Sunday, February 20, 2011

Quick weekend trip

We got up Saturday morning and drove 2 hours to visit C & J this weekend. It was fun to see the little ones and play with them, although they alternated between having fun playing with us and acting shy. James hadn't met his niece or nephew before, and it had been about 10 months since I had seen them. Luckily, now that there's only a 2 hour drive between us, we should have lots of chances to spend time with them. We got home about 3pm this afternoon, which gave us a bit of time to clean up the house a bit and for me to run a few errands.

I was able to do a little sewing a couple of evenings this past week. I sewed the seams on the skirt on my Crepe dress and attached the skirt to the bodice. I just need to hem it and I'll be finished! I think it turned out well, although the bodice still seems a bit large even though I spent a lot of time messing with the fitting on the bodice muslin. The skirt is an unflattering length right now, a good 5" past my knees, so I'll have to shorten it, but hopefully I can do that one evening this week.

In the car on the way home, I finished seaming my Blackberry cardigan. I'll need to re-block it once the collar is finished because the sleeves are just a bit short at the wrists and there's a bit too much fabric where the sleeve meets the body. I just need to stretch the sleeves a bit when I block it and hopefully it will fit perfectly. I've picked up the stitches around the edges to knit the collar, and the collar knitting should go pretty quickly now. I should finish it just in time to put it away for the summer...

Since every blog post should have a picture, here's what Cal spends the majority of her time doing:
She loves that blanket. There are many days when I wish I could join her for a quick nap. February has been busy and exhausting at work, and I'm looking forward to Friday evening, when my big deadline has passed and Spring Break has started.

No comments:

Post a Comment