I started working on New Look 6643 last weekend and have been making some good progress, considering I haven't put much time into my sewing lately. I made this pattern once before. This time I'm making view B, the v-neck silhouette, in a dark blue linen/rayon blend. I picked up two yards of the fabric from Fashion Fabrics Club quite a while ago during a sale for a grand total of $7.13 (including the shipping and handling for that part of the order).I had to redraft the pattern, because the smallest size is a 10 and it was way too big last time. The fit is much better now with my redrafted size 8, but still required some tweaking of the side seams. I also put in an invisible zipper instead of the lapped zipper the pattern calls for, since I much prefer the look of the invisible zipper for this dress (and this fabric is difficult to get to crease sharply and evenly).
I'm still fiddling a bit with the side seams, but I'm almost there. Then I just have the neck and armscyes to finish and the bottom to hem.
I haven't decided what to sew next. I think I'll just wait to see what I feel like sewing that day (which is how I decided to sew this). I have quite a backlog of fabric and patterns, so I have lots of combinations to choose from. I guess it will be a surprise!

Cute pattern! I love linen and that blue will look very nice with your dark hair, Mist. Can't wait to see the 'model' version courtesy of Mr. James' Photo Haus :) XO and see you guys soon!! Mom (& Dad)
ReplyDelete