Around here, we're not very fond of the Steelers. So even though we wouldn't normally care too much about the Green Bay Packers, they were definitely our team of choice to win Super Bowl XLV. Even Cal was sporting some Packers flair.I finished my Pendrell blouse today, right before we left for a SuperBowl party. It's wearable, although I can tell I still need some practice on my sewing skills. I might rip out the neckline binding and try it again. The pattern has you cut two neck bindings, even though you only need one, and after doing the neck and both the arm bindings, I think I could do the neck binding a lot better now. Then again, I may just leave it as it is since no one will be close enough to me to tell. Well, except James, but he has to like all my craft projects! And with the recent weather, I'll be wearing my blouse under cardigans and jackets anyway. Here's a photo:
The neck isn't actually misshapen like the photo shows, I just should have adjusted the blouse so it was hanging straight before the picture was snapped. It's definitely not perfect (notice I'm not showing any close-ups of hems or bindings or finished seams), but then again, not too shabby for my second finished sewing project ever. And as I said before, it's wearable. I spent all my sewing time on the Pendrell blouse this weekend, and have some catching up to do on the Crepe dress. I haven't spent too much time on the seaming of my Blackberry cardigan either. But I did start on my next knitting project, the Pleated Blouse. I cast on last night and knitted all through the Super Bowl today and have about 3 inches of the back finished so far. It's going to be slow going with lace weight yarn on #3 needles, but the plain stockinette stitching is nice after cables and more cables.
No comments:
Post a Comment